With GDPR – the new data protection rules – now less than six months away, there really is no further time for procrastination: it is officially time to start making sure your marketing data is compliant, and V Formation can help you out!
By way of reminder, GDPR ushers in expanded rights to individuals and their data, and places greater obligations on businesses and other entities that process personal data. The official implementation date is May 25th 2018 so it’s important to begin now so you are compliant in time.
A core part of this is the need to secure consent from individuals before you can market to them. This makes GDPR a big deal for marketing and business development teams.
- Understand what you need to do to secure compliance
- Work out where your gaps are – and the steps you need to take
- Assess and cleanse your marketing data
- Design and run campaigns to secure consent to market
- Choose and implement a CRM system to manage contact data
- Get your privacy notices and other policies in place
- Create an internal training programme and GDPR documentation
The team at V Formation has been helping marketing teams and business leaders across a range of sectors to get prepared for GDPR.
Click here to contact us for a chat about the steps you need to take.
We have a raft of helpful planning documents and checklists to help you make sure that you can continue to communicate with your customers, clients and prospects after 25 May 2018.
Read our recent GDPR resource blogs: