The PR team at Nottingham marketing and PR agency V Formation, shines a light on the benefits of taking part in business awards, and signposts you to a selection of awards that your business could enter in 2019.
Entering business awards is an excellent way to enhance your company’s profile and reputation by showcasing some of the great things your business has accomplished.
Awards can also boost workplace wellbeing, and be a brilliant platform for powerful news and PR.
V Formation has plenty of experience from both sides of the fence.
We have organised and judged some pretty prestigious awards and made many successful award submissions for clients over the years, including:
- Boyds – Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2018
- My HR Hub – Sole Trader of the Year at the Nottingham Post Women in Business Awards 2018
- Hallmark Consumer Services – Team of the Year at the Melton Times Achievement Awards 2018
- Brady Solicitors – Legal Services & Arrears Recovery at the Property Management Awards 2018
- Clear Building Management – Highly Commended at the ARMA ACE Awards 2018 and the Property Management Awards 2018
We can identify the best awards to enter, write and handle compelling award proposals, and promote awards initiatives through marketing, social media and PR.
2019 awards season is here
The 2019 awards season is well and truly open, and here we share a few of the many benefits of entering awards.
Showcase your success
- Entering a business award is an excellent way to showcase your company’s work and success
- Win or lose, entering can reap a host of benefits and values beyond the trophy and the title
- An award, whether it’s regional, national or international, can bolster your company’s brand and tells your audience your company possesses a particular skill or attribute that has been judged as the best in its category.
- Being announced as a finalist or best of all, as a winner, is a great news story and a brilliant tool for PR
- To be recognised for business excellence elevates you above your competitors, helps your brand and employer brand to stand out from the crowd, and strengthens your reputation as a reliable, trustworthy company – all something definitely worth shouting about in online and offline media.
The V Formation PR specialists provide top-level PR advice to manage and maximise your valuable reputation. You can take a look at the press and public relations services we offer here.
- Not only are you more likely to attract new customers and clients, but you will also cement existing relationships
- By becoming part of an award community you will instantly expand your network and potential business development pipeline
- People value excellence, and it shows. A recent study found that, over the course of 11 years, smaller award-winning companies enjoyed a 39% growth in sales in comparison to non-award winners.*
Improve internal communications
- It’s not just external relationships that flourish; winning an award can be a real boost to staff morale and can revitalise internal communications
- Employees are the heart and soul of a business and, for your hardworking people, an award is concrete evidence, not only that the organisation they work for is successful, but that their efforts have been noticed and appreciated.
Take your pick from the 2019 business awards!
To get you started, here is a small selection of awards that your business could consider entering this year.
- European Business Awards (close for entries 28th May 2019)
- The Peer Awards for Excellence (close for entries: 3 May 2019)
- Business Culture Awards (close for entries: 28 June 2019)
- Business Brilliance Awards (close for entries: 1 October 2019)
- The National Family Business Awards (close for entries: 12 April 2019)
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise (open for entries: Spring 2019)
- British Chamber of Commerce Business Awards (close for entries: 28 June 2019)
- Best Business Women Awards (close for entries: 1 July 2019)
- Growing Business Awards 2019 (close for entries 12 September 2019)
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards (open for entries: January 2020)
- Niche Business Awards (close for entries 30 April 2019)
- East Midlands Chamber Awards (close for entries: 17 May 2019)
- IoD East Midlands Director of the Year Awards 2019 (closes for entries: 12 April 2019)
- Medilink East Midlands Business Awards (currently open for entries)
- OBN Annual Awards (currently open for entries)
- Insider Midlands Residential Property Awards 2019 (close for entries: 12 April 2019)
- CIPD People Management Awards: (close for entries: 11 April 2019)
- Estates Gazette EG Awards (close for entries: 26 April 2019)
- ARMA ACE Awards (close for entries: 26 April 2019)
If you’d like help and support with identifying the right award for your business or writing a successful award submission, please get in touch with us at V Formation.
*Source: University of Leicester for the British Quality Foundation and the European Foundation for Quality Management.