When other law firms turned their backs on the private client market, Lodders held firm. And it’s a strategy that’s paying off.
Hilary spends one day a week with the team at Lodders as their part-time Marketing Director and, since she started in April 2013, has overseen a high quality and cost-effective marketing effort, with a strong brand that is helping to deliver growth of over 20% per annum.
“We were introduced to V Formation by Reach Marketing when Reach were invited to tender to be the firm’s design/marketing/brand consultants. Reach were successful with their tender and have been retained by the firm since early 2013. One of the key reasons behind Reach’s success was the expertise which Hilary possessed in marketing for legal firms, which really shone out in Reach’s pitch. We were so impressed by Hilary that we now separately retain her as the firm’s Marketing Director on a part time basis” Paul Mourton, Partner, Lodders Solicitors LLP
Marketing projects have included:
- Working with design agency Reach Marketing to create a clear and revitalised brand positioning
- Client listening programme with one to one client interviews, feedback to the Lodders team and implementation of improvements
- Mentoring and line management of the firm’s marketing and business development executives
- Strategic input to partners’ meetings and senior leadership team
- Developing a culture of evaluation and continual improvement within marketing
- Budgets and financial management
- Overseeing the successful launch of the firm’s Cheltenham office
- Legal 500 and Chambers directory entries
- Managing external suppliers – design agency and PR consultant
- Vision and values sessions to determine the brand values
- A high quality client magazine ‘Lodders Life’ to showcase client successes and assist with cross-selling
With offices in Stratford upon Avon, Henley in Arden and, most recently, Cheltenham, Lodders is one of the region’s leading private client law firms. Its clients range from business owners through to wealthy families, landowners, farmers and successful individuals – essentially, people who are spending their own money on their legal fees. Lodders is well known for its work in the agriculture sector – with two farmers in the equity partnership this perhaps isn’t surprising.., for high net worth private clients (Lodders is the firm of choice for many Birmingham professionals who prefer to seek their advice in more discreet quarters), and in real estate, with a focus on independent property developers. Additionally, Lodders’ Care and Capacity team deals with everything from how to talk to a relative about driving if they have had a diagnosis of dementia, through to heavyweight battles to recover the costs of continuing healthcare.
Find out more at lodders.co.ukView all projects