The results are out for this year’s top UK law firms, but if the Legal 500 rankings were not what you were hoping for, don’t feel too deflated – it’s already time to start working on next year’s submissions and V Formation can help get you off to a better start.
We work with law firms each year to support them with their Legal 500 and Chambers submissions, navigating clients through the process whilst taking the pressure off them and producing a compelling entry to reflect each firm’s achievements and specialisms.
The marketing team at V Formation has many years’ experience working on directory submissions, having all previously worked as in-house marketers for law firms. So, we know the best tactics to apply in order maximize the chances of achieving or improving rankings. We also understand how time-consuming putting together credible entries can be, particularly if you’re a larger firm entering a number of categories. And we know what a logistical nightmare it is to collect and co-ordinate the necessary information from your teams and their clients, which is why we offer a directory submissions marketing package to make the process a far more pleasant experience.
V Formation’s top tips for legal directory success:
We’d of course be pleased to help you with your 2017 Legal 500 and Chambers submissions, but if you’re planning on going it alone, here are a few tips that you might find helpful:
- Obtain good client referees – choose the people who will respond to the researchers and help them to prepare for questioning.
- Don’t let egos get in the way – don’t simply go for partner/senior successes. Choose work highlights that are interesting and will appeal to the researchers, such as value or speed.
- Avoid brochure speak – be clear about the value you add to your clients and back it up with good quality quotes from clients that could be used in future marketing material.
- Hit them with facts – get straight to the point with strong facts that back up your submission. The researchers won’t spend time sifting them out from pages of waffle.
- Allow plenty of time – it takes longer than you think to gather information and shortlist the clients to approach. Then allow more time for contacting your shortlist and getting responses.
If you want to improve your legal directory rankings in 2017 and you’d like to learn more about how V Formation can help, even if you’d prefer to handle your submissions in-house, contact our legal directory experts – we’re sure we can help you achieve better results!